Sunday, December 9, 2007

Week #9 Post #22

I am familiar with the HCPL digital media site: eAudio, eBooks, Music and Video.

VibriVox is a volunteer driven organization which records chapters of books in the public domain. Wowio as is stated offers free e-books. It has more of a new-age and/or digital graphic novel (visual) feel to the site.

I went into all of the sites looking for works by William Shakespeare. On the HCPL site I did a quick search by author and found 13 eAudio titles of full productions . On an author search of LibriVox I discovered 120 entries, many, if not all were monologues from various plays (not the entire production). In the Wowio site, I found about 50 e-book entries.

I received training on downloading eAudio books from Overdrive more than a year ago. We occasionally assist customers (usually over the phone) with questions they have about the service.

No comments: