Saturday, December 8, 2007

Week #9 Post #20

My favorite YouTube video for the past 4 or 5 months has been the "March of the Librarians".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td922l0NoDQ It's a great satire on librarians attending an ALA conference.

I like the site. I find it entertaining. I really enjoyed the CNN-YouTube Presidential debates amongst the Democrat candidates and more recently the Republican candidates. Those forums brought a different perspective to the 2008 race for the presidency. More real "constituent-based" questions I believe I read somewhere.

In the exploring required for this Discovery Exercise, I returned to the theme of my blog and searched on the terms "library chair". The first search produced 115 hits when I searched generally on those tags. The second search, with that term in a direct sequence, resulted in 17 hits. A good many of those having to do with library chair races in academic libraries.

As far as library website applications, there might be a marketing tool here for concisely explaining on video each of our services: exam proctoring, ILL, computer classes, ESL classes and etc.

No comments: