Friday, October 26, 2007

Week #5 Post #11

I can see where this could have a good application for an instructor after a lecture in the studio or online session in distance learning. Occasionally a student may want to explore a previous topic in further detail. Titles which are not referred to on the syllabus "Further Reading List", could quickly be cited on the instructor's blog.

In this particular exercise I choose books from my personal design collection about the Hearst Estate on the Central California coast. My grandfathers and father were commercial fisherman off that beautiful coastline and I grew up visiting the estate on vacations from Los Angeles. In 1991 I took my daughter on her first set of tours of the estate.

Faces of Hearst Castle by Jana Seely and Keri Collins is the most recently published of the set (September 2007). It is also the first imprint of the Hearst Castle Press.

No comments: